Sunday, January 26, 2014

vintage camera craze


It hasn't been very long since I bought my first DSLR but I went back and decided to purchase an SLR, which is completely film and has no digital whatsoever. This camera is my second addition to my vintage collection, my first find was a Yashica 635 at a vintage craft show. The Yashica actually shoots 120 film as well as 35 mm, which I am super excited about!

I have never used film but my father and grandfather have so I have some great mentors lying around so I think that's really great that I can learn from them. My friend Dannie is the one who inspired me to purchase this camera (@akosidanmaire) please check out her instagram feed because it's one of my favorites!  

Below are some photos I took (using my dslr) to capture the beauty that is my Pentax Spotmatic camera! I will post a review of the camera, if I remember, once I start actually using it. I have some 35 mm handy, so I can start using this camera anytime. Thankfully, when I purchased this camera it came with the original manual, so I can learn more about how to use it. 


Remember to follow me on tumblr / instagram!

1 comments:

  1. So exciting! I love film cameras. I have an old Minolta that I need to get fixed, and then I can shoot with it!
    If you get a chance, please post photos you've taken with your SLR! We'd love to see :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave feedback!