Monday, February 17, 2014

valentine's day filled with love


It was a very lovely weekend, with my very special Valentine, three years in a row! Nate showed up at my house Valentine's morning with a handful of flowers and chocolates, just like a gentleman ;) My favorite flowers are daisies and he remembered!

We had a nice lunch together at a new bakery in town, instead of having dinner since I had to work Valentine's night. We decided to enjoy our day together on Sunday and go to the beach. The weather was perfect, even if it was a little chilly, but there were no clouds and it was just a lovely day outside. 

The beach was great since it wasn't too crowded. Some people were even wearing large jackets and pants! It was chilly enough to wear a sweater in the direct sunlight, which is pretty great weather for Florida. The water was (probably) freezing and not many people were swimming anyway. Nate and I brought a little lunch and ate it by the beach. We walked around to some stores and went on the pier too.

We saw a couple with a real picnic basket complete with checkered blanket, Nate and I plan to do that next time. Maybe even come back for the sunset and have a candlelit dinner. We went off the beach and had dinner at Bahama Breeze, I would have said it was an awful experience except the food was really good, everything else was subpar. We came around 3:30 (which is the slow time in a resteraunt) and the wait was still 30 minutes. When we got to our table, the service was extremely slow and it took forever for our server to get back to us. We almost left when we waited almost 10 minutes to put our order in. I'm glad we didn't leave because my salad was amazing. If hadn't been such a busy day, it would have been a better experience.

All in all, it was a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend. I don't necessarily like this holiday, since I feel like people should express their love EVERYDAY and not just on a certain day. But I do like all the chocolate and candy! ;)

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram & Tumblr!

1 comments:

  1. Wahhh your pictures are so nice stephanie! you've gone so far since the first time i followed you on insta! (:

    ReplyDelete

Leave feedback!